The Same 24 hours

By Action-FX

Mar 26
Everyone gets the same 24 hours

​The Same 24 hours

So I got in contact with "The Disruptive Millennial" the other day after readying his great blog post that I am sharing with you here. I am told all too often that "I am just too busy to ​focus on trading right now", and I fully disagree. It is a matter of priority and how you structure your days with productivity in mind. His post struck a cord with me and I had to get in touch. So here you go. I hope ​this helps you get more out of your trading day!

 One of the worst excuses everyone makes is that they are “too busy” to achieve their goals. They work 50 hours a week and therefore do not have time to work on their goals. They do not have time to get to the gym. They do not have time to work on their side hustle. They do not have time to volunteer to that charity. ​I disagree!

​Productivity

You have the exact same number of hours in a day as The Rock, Elon Musk, Beyonce or any other “successful” person in the world. Let’s be clear, there are 168 hours in a week, even if you sleep 8 hours every night and work 50 hours in a week, that still leaves 62 hours spare every week! That is plenty of spare time to make sure you are spending enough time with the family and still working towards your goals. The difference between the 1% that achieve success and the other 99% – is what you do in those extra 62 hours. I guarantee you that The Rock does not spend 3 hours a day watching Netflix. Elon musk is not spending his weekends playing on his PlayStation and Beyonce is not binge watching The Kardashians.

Now do not get me wrong, if you do not want to be at the top of your field – that is OK. There is nothing wrong with not being ambitious. If your main aim in life is to just get paid enough money to pay the bills and then spend the rest of your time chilling out and watching TV – there is nothing wrong with that. But there are far too many people who are talking about what they want to achieve, and not backing that up with action. If you want to be successful, you have to put in the work.

I recently got asked for some advice by an old colleague. He is trying to work towards some goals, but is not achieving them and he said this was because he did not have enough time to focus on them. He wanted to know how I find the time to get to the gym 5 times a week (now that I am finally committed to getting back in shape – no more excuses!), mentor inner city kids, work on my side hustles and still find time to make date night (or dinner at home) with the Fiancee pretty much every night of the week.

​​​​Get more out of your trading day

My answer was simple – I hardly ever watch TV or play computer games or procrastinate on social media anymore. I have cut out 75% of all distractions from my day in order to be as productive as I can. The difference between myself and the person that asked me that question – is that I am willing to cut out the distractions in order to achieve my goals. I have been honest enough with myself to accept that in the past, I have not been too busy, I have been lazy. However, I now have a laser focus on what it is I am trying to achieve and nothing is going to distract me from it anymore.

You also have the time, the odds are that you have at least 40-50 hours a week that you are currently not using productively. You have all of the time you will ever need to get to where you want to go. You just have to be honest with yourself, stop procrastinating and work towards being the best version of yourself that you can be.

Your future self will thank you for it.​

I hope this helps you get more out of your trading day​, stay more productive and realize that we all have the same 24 hours to work with. It is up to you whether or not you capitalize on them! Make sure you create a solid plan to get the results you want.

If you are looking to get started or improve your Forex trading, we offer courses that give you step by step instructions on how to understand the market and capture it's potential! Find out more here.

To see more great content from The Disruptive Millennial, click here.

Follow

About the Author

In 1997 Kevin experienced his first success in the stock market and ignited his passion for Trading. In the following years he had some ups, downs, and breaks before finding consistency. In 2009 he entered the world of Forex. Having found a market that really spoke to him, he started developing his own style of trading using the core principals he learned through many hours of trial and error. Now his goal is to drastically reduce the learning curve for new and aspiring traders, by having created a learning environment from the ground up with a strong focus on what really matters. Risk management, along with our core trading principals, psychology, and mindset training, propel our members to take their skills and knowledge to the next level in the least amount of time.

>